The APMP Pacific Northwest Chapter is committed to providing professional development and career opportunities to all our members. Below are some career opportunities across the Pacific Northwest Area.
Have a job you want us to post? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and we will post it on this website.
Business Development Specialist, Tacoma WA, Evergreen Fire & Security – Posted December 30, 2019
We are seeking a full time Business Development Specialistto fill a key role in our Tacoma, Washington office.
We are a team of experts, driven by our commitment to providing technologically advanced life safety and security solutions that protect lives, critical infrastructure, and valuable information. Due to our expertise and keen focus on customer service, Evergreen Fire and Security is a recognized leader in both the Federal Government and commercial markets, where we are entrusted to provide fire alarm, access control, intrusion detection, CCTV, mass notification, and other critical protection systems designed to meet their specific needs.
Our success is based in large part on the experience and skills of the best and brightest employees in the industry. That’s why we are always looking for additional qualified experts to join Evergreen and support our project teams.
The perfect Business Development Specialist enjoys a fast pace and juggling multiple priorities. They don’t know what it means to sit back and wait because they are always proactively seeking out ways to be more efficient, get tasks completed on time, and provide excellent support to their team. They are problem solvers who save the day with their resourcefulness and ability to successfully navigate obstacles. Sounds like a perfect fit for you? Please read on.
- Manages, coordinates, and executes business development activities as assigned by the Senior Business Development Associate;
- Ensures new customer contracts and relations meet the overall company standards;
- Prepares, creates, and works on proposals and special projects;
- Uses effective verbal and written communication.
- Leads research and development activities as they relate to securing contracts and compliance updates;
- Maintains favorable contacts with current and potential customer to execute sales;
- Targets potential customers then initiates contact and develops relationships to acquire new accounts in support of government or commercial opportunities;
- Performs business development job functions such as sales calls, face-to-face meetings, and writing and finalizing competitive proposal packages;
- Creates presentations;
- Leads branding efforts;
- Generates leads and builds an opportunities pipeline;
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times;
- Maintains confidentiality at all times; and
- Handles all other duties as assigned.
- Valid state driver’s license
- AA or 2+ years of additional experience
- Ability to pass pre-employment screenings (drug, background, and driving history)
- 1 relevant certification
- SharePoint experience
- Graphic design
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Up to 4% match available
- 100% vested from day one
- Healthcare flexible spending accounts
- Dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company sponsored group term life insurance
- Corporate perks program
- Opportunities to participate in voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, voluntary life insurance, disability insurance, long term care, hospital indemnity insurance, critical illness insurance, legal services, identity theft protection, and accident insurance
We also offer opportunities for training and advancement in a fast-paced, inclusive, and rewarding working environment. Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, or at www.evergreenfire.com.
Evergreen Fire & Security is a US government contractor with sensitive access requirements. As our employee, you must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. citizenship due to the level of access to sensitive information and/or restricted facilities.
Evergreen Fire and Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
or contact email@example.com
Proposal Professional, Anchorage, AK or Seattle, WA – Posted September 5, 2019
Responsible for supporting the company’s established business development and marketing strategies and to initiate, facilitate, compile, write, and edit proposal responses for federal and state agencies through the development of proposals, statement of qualifications, client presentations, and marketing communications and collateral.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable discipline. Work experience may substitute education on a 1:1 basis.
- Federal proposal writing experience
- Experience with leading and coordinating diverse teams from various organizational levels from the prime, subcontractor, and consultant businesses.
- Experience with working closely with business area operations and business development leads and pricing leads to ensure alignment of technical, management, and cost and price strategy.
- Experience with defining business development processes.
- Knowledge of federal government procurement process and FAR regulations.
- Experience with federal RFP structures and SF330 formats.
- Ability to plan and coordinate proposal resources, including people and schedule and communicate status regularly to proposal managers and firm leadership.
- Ability to edit content from multiple individuals and incorporate data and graphics to produce a professionally prepared and compliant proposal.
- Ability to pass background checks by various Federal Agencies (e.g. DOD, DHS, FAA, etc.) to obtain security access.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record, able to drive company vehicles
Level – II
- 7 or more years of experience with federal proposal development and/or marketing experience with at least 5 or more of those years with federal proposal volume and major section development going through the full life cycle of proposal volume development.
Level – III (Senior)
- 10 or more years of experience with federal proposal development and/or marketing experience with at least 8 or more of those years with federal proposal volume and major section development going through the full life cycle of proposal volume development.
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) Foundation Level certification or certification through the Society of Marketing Professional Services (CPSM) or Shipley and Associates Certification is also desirable and can be substituted.
- Experience with business development or client delivery with U.S. federal civilian agencies, including Department of Defense and Homeland Security.
- Experience in construction, environmental, engineering, or professional services industry.
- Experience and knowledge of Alaska Native cultures.
Please apply online at www.ahtna-inc.com/employment, Job#1184BR, emailed resumes cannot be accepted.
Ahtna and its family of companies are Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We also participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Proposal Specialists, two locations, Spokane, WA and Portland, OR – Posted August 30, 2019
Click the links below to learn more about the jobs and how to apply.
Vice President, Proposals – Posted August 19, 2019
The Vice President, Proposals is a critical role in the expansion of new business and retention of current business through developing winning proposals for our client. The Vice President provides leadership and oversight for all RFx (RFP, RFA, RFI, etc.) submissions through an end-to-end proposal management process of both internal and external resources. This position manages through implementing best-practice, repeatable and measurable processes, and making necessary changes to develop winning proposals. This position is expected to continually evaluate the supporting people, process and technology to ensure they are meeting the needs of the business strategy. The Vice President is responsible for the development, education and adoption of this process throughout the enterprise as well as proactively maintaining an enterprise content library. The Vice President reports to the Chief Development Officer and oversees a team of writers, editors, librarian and other support staff.
- Oversees development and implementation of proposal procurement strategy in conjunction with capture management.
- Maintains relationships with key corporate and regional stakeholders, such as executive leadership and other department-level leaders.
- Engages in the market or product development phase prior to RFx (RFP, RFA, RFI, etc.) release in order to become familiar with the market, product(s), and customer’s needs.
- Works with Corporate Development leadership and other key leaders to drive decision making related to proposal strategies and content. Continually engages throughout the organization to keep up-to-date on capabilities, offerings, and outcomes, which are populated in the enterprise proposal content library on a regular basis.
- Ensures external resources are appropriately engaged and managed for all proposal development activities.
- Ensures appropriate level of internal resources, who are trained and developed to create winning proposals, working closely with SMEs and corporate leadership.
- Ensures all proposal content is compliant with the RFx (RFP, RFA, RFI, etc.) requirements and ensures any identified gaps in content are closed.
- Consults and collaborates with Corporate Communications and Proposal Services team to ensure that the style guide and templates meet all brand and style standards and that the final product is edited and reviewed for branding concerns prior to executive review.
- Participates in reviews to ensure integration of win themes and story cohesion throughout the response.
- Serves as escalation point for open decisions, issues, and risks to support quality/performance standards and enforce deadlines; serves as authority to resolve scope of work interpretation differences.
- The ability to flex schedule in relation to workload demand is critical to ensure timely and quality proposal submissions.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Public Health
- Masters Degree preferred
- 10+ years of progressively advanced experience in business development and proposal-related experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related proposal preparation in a Medicare, Medicaid, or government contract environment experience. Health care experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years developing and managing people and projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing all aspects of proposal development to include creating and managing the overall proposal schedule; developing the outline and compliance matrix;
- Medicaid-related and health care proposal experience strongly preferred.
To apply please contact Jen Epstein at 614.396.3714 or send your resume to Jep@ess123.com
Director, Proposal Development – Posted August 19, 2019
The Director, Proposal Development manages a team of proposal development managers and writers to create consistent, high-quality, competitive, and compliant proposals for new and existing Medicaid managed care business for our client. This role reviews proposal drafts as a “managing editor” and provides strategic direction on the teams’ written responses ensuring quality and compliance. The director will be responsible to lead the implementation of best-practices, repeatable and measurable processes, and continuous improvements. This role works in an integrated way with our market development and market entry teams, as well as our subject matter experts throughout the organization. The Director reports to the Vice President, Proposals.
Key responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with the Vice President, Proposals, defines vision and strategic direction for the Proposal Development department
- Manages, not only internal, but also external proposal managers and writers for all proposal development activities, implementing best practices, and repeatable and measurable processes
- Provides guidance to proposal writers on response strategy and development.
- Reviews proposal drafts as the “managing editor” to ensure a consistent, compelling voice, incorporation of win themes, quality, and compliance.
- Develops training programs for proposal writers and subject matter experts.
- Assigns proposal writers with majors and minors, and monitors a training plan for each team member.
- Establishes and provides oversight of interdisciplinary task forces, including writers, subject matter experts, market research, and market entry, to continuously improve Medicaid managed care topic templates
- Facilitates key proposal project meetings, including framing sessions and draft reviews.
- Develops and enforces proposal development processes, templates, guidelines, and deadlines.
- Contributes to ongoing development and maintenance of proposal development process improvement efforts to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of external-facing deliverables, including participation in maintaining content repository.
- Serves as escalation point for open decisions, issues, and risks to support quality/performance standards and enforce deadlines for the proposal development team
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferred majors include the following: journalism, communications, English, health care administration, or public health.
- Minimum of 3 years’ managing proposal developers, technical writers, and/or business analysts.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working knowledge of the Medicaid, Medicare, health insurance, or public health industry required.
- 5+ years of proposal development, technical writing, or business analysis experience, preferably with large, complex RFPs in a highly regulated environment (e.g. state or government programs) or with large, complex systems/process initiatives where information gathering and synthesis of data is required.
- Experience supervising or managing staff.
- Demonstrated expertise in Managed Care proposals.
- Knowledge of proposal best practices and state/federal procurement rules & restrictions. Shipley training/certification and knowledge of the public health/health insurance industry highly desired.
- Experience collaborating among various teams, including all levels of staff and management, to develop high-quality proposal responses.
- Outstanding managerial, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to effectively interview technical experts and build understanding between multiple parties.
- Excellent writing skills in both technical and marketing disciplines, including strong ability to effectively organize ideas and synthesize large amounts of data, as well as demonstrated analytical skills to ensure compliance with business and/or contract requirements.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with irregular hours needed to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, manage ambiguity, make sound decisions, proactively solve problems, and self-manage time.
To apply please contact Jen Epstein at 614.396.3714 or send your resume to Jep@ess123.com
Proposal Manager/Writer – Posted June, 2019
Smooth Writing, Editing and Consulting (www.smoothwritingec.com) is seeking a Proposal Manager/Writer to join our proposal writing team. Our clients come from a wide variety of industries, and we are looking for a candidate with experience writing proposals for both technical and nontechnical fields of work, for both government and non-government solicitations. The successful candidate will have experience in managing all aspects of the proposal development process, including writing the proposal, gathering information from clients and subject matter experts, performing research as necessary, and incorporating all required information to ensure the proposal is compliant with the RFP requirements.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Read and analyze the RFP and make recommendations on whether the client can submit a compliant proposal.
- Prepare proposal plans, outlines, templates, compliance matrices, resumes, project descriptions, qualification packages, and other supporting materials.
- Write assigned sections of proposals, respond to client comments on drafts, and edit and/or proofread proposal documents, and finalize proposals for delivery to clients.
- Work with clients directly including their proposal development staff, technical staff, and managers.
- Work with our proposal writing team, both as a proposal writer and on some projects as the proposal manager.
- Manage proposal schedules, expectations, and assignments throughout the proposal process.
- Complete proposals before the deadline so that the client has adequate opportunity give feedback and request changes.
- Coach and mentor other proposal writers.
- Ability to work with technical subject matter experts and perform research to gather information for proposals.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours and weekends during proposal preparation efforts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Adobe Acrobat for proposal preparation.
- Capability to write persuasively.
- Attention to detail, a high level of quality, and a strong work ethic.
- Advanced grammar, formatting, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to deliver a compliant, formatted final proposal document to the client.
- Ability to prioritize workload, handle multiple projects at once, work independently, and complete tasks under time pressure, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field, English, business, marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in writing and managing technical proposals for engineering, environmental, or other technical fields
Job Type: Part-Time
- Proposal writing: 10 years (Required)
- Proposal management: 5 years
Work Location: In office and from home with flexible work schedules
To apply please contact Ryan Taylor at 206.397.7872 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposal Desktop/Graphics Designer – Posted January 14, 2019
Click here for details on the position.